It will be a very good distrib , keep me informed please
:P :P :P
I was thinking of removing some games and open-office using the kpakage manager. Advisable>?
The remastering script seems to require 6G of space ...
How did you install the packages?
Did u chroot, compile and make install ... remove the "work" directories and remaster?
I guess the main problem will be the libraries dependencies?
I am still new to knoppix ... and was thinking could morpix be a better choice?
Any comments?
Thanks!!
It will be a very good distrib , keep me informed please
:P :P :P
No News![]()
Well, not much news anyway. I'm still aiming for this weekend (June 1st) as a release for the Knoppix-STD beta iso. I just have a couple of minor issues to work out. For a beta it's pretty tight and it looks like everything works.
I've got a domain, but I'm sure I'm going to get nailed by my ISP for posting a 700 MB iso, so I doubt I'll be able to post it for too long.
I'm still looking for mirrors (Help?) and I'm going to try distribution through Bit Torrent [http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/index.html]. I'll also sell the CD for those lacking bandwidth or paitence.
So, hopefully, it will be posted this weekend. I'll make an announcement here and a new post to Customising & Remastering.
What about creating a Sourceforge Project? www.sourceforge.netOriginally Posted by t1ck_t0ck
Tried it. They denied my project. :(
Maybe I'll try again since several other Knoppix customizations are available over there, as is FIRE. Maybe I just caught one of their moderators on a bitchy afternoon.
I'm very interested in your Knoppix-STD customization. Are you still going to be posting it soon? I think the BitTorrent idea for distribution is a good one also.Originally Posted by t1ck_t0ck
--RuffRidr
Knoppix-STD is still on track, but it might be the beginning of next week before I can post the iso. I've been getting some good feedback from my alpha testers that I won't have time to incorporate until this weekend.
I still don't have any hosts/mirrors, so Bit Torrent will probably be my main distribution method.
To be safe I'll say next weekend, June 7th, but I'll probably have something up Tues. or Wed.. It's all I'm working on right now, much to the detriment of my paying job :)
just wondering when we would see this package up... I do have a request, could you include the modified Orinoco drivers http://airsnort.shmoo.com/orinocoinfo.html so that the wireless cards can have some function?
Thanx
Well, I guess it's good enough for now. Official announcement is in a separate post. Yes, Virginia, it does include the patched orinoco drivers (see screen shots). :)
Please go easy on my poor ISP's server. If you can mirror or provide torrent link, please let me know at [email protected]. 600MB iso. CD's for sale probably Wed the 11th.
well here we go:
Anouncing Knoppix-STD 0.1b: security tools distribution
STD focuses on information security and network management tools. It is meant to be used by both the novice looking to learn more about information security and the security professional looking for another swiss army knife for their tool kit.
homepage: http://www.knoppix-std.org
forum: http://forum.knoppix-std.org

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung - 990 PRO 1TB Internal SSD PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2
$200.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ Plus 11” 128GB Android Tablet Graphite BRAND NEW SEALED.
$214.99