-
I built a re-master of Knoppix 3.2 with as many of the "Top 75" list at insecure.org as I could....
All I did was do an apt-get install on all the packages by name. So, only the latest version with Debian packages out there were installed. Next revision, perhaps I will put some effort into the apps. I put the real effort into actually doing the re-mastering.
I took regular Knoppix and removed the foreign KDE locales (afterall *I* am American, everything should be the way *I* want it.
). This gave me more than enough space to add:
Snort (with default rules)
dsniff
whisker
John The Ripper
Nikto
nbtscan
Xprobe2
Ngrep
THC-Amap
Nemesis
fragroute
fping
TCPtraceroute
tcpreplay
--------------------------------------------
Knoppix 3.2 already included:
Nessus
Ethereal
Netcat
tcpdump
hping2
ettercap
openssh
Kismet
airsnort
GPG
Perl
OpenSSL
lsof
hunt
stunnel
The Coroner's Toolkit
arpwatch
dig
The rest of the Top 75 were either for Windows, were not "free", were not available as Debian packages or didn't really apply to a LiveCD distro (like firewalls, other OSes, etc).
I am more than happy to share the end result. I just don't have a fat enough pipe to share the iso out on my own network. Perhaps soon I will, and perhaps by then I'll have made the re-master even better.
Mike
PS: Thanks to the Knopper team for the AWESOME distro.
Similar Threads
-
By lordb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 06:43 AM
-
By ezuk in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By Davetron in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 08:30 PM
-
By Bd84 in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-27-2003, 04:16 PM
-
By WT in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-31-2002, 09:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

Intel Core i9 14th Gen i9-14900K CPU Processor (SRN48, X549K945)
$325.00