-
Hi OErjan.
thanks a lot for your help. I've try to remount my root partition with the command you suggested but I've got this:
[root@ir2ip /]# mount -t ext3 -o remount,ro /dev/hda2 /
mount: / is busy
looking at the docs, it seems that you can have an EBUSY error if there is a file oper for write... so, how can one close all opened file ?
Also, I was no able to boot my HD knoppix distro as RO... maybe I miss something, but really I don't understand if the knoppix HD installation script build an HD RW distro or an HD RO distro.
users dirs are not problems at this time, as I can redirect them (or part of them) to a RW partition.
thanks again,
Giampaolo
Similar Threads
-
By DaveTroupe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-06-2005, 05:08 PM
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By Needtoknow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
-
By AndersonSS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
-
By musicmaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 06:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08