-
Junior Member
registered user
Problems with Intellcorp 8280 ac,97 sound card
I recently got sick and tired of being tortured and aggravated by windows 2000 and xp, so I installed Knoppix on my Dell PowerEdge Server 400sc. Everything runs great except for the sound card... I can't seem to get it to work and the only driver install package I have is an rpm designed for redhat 9.0! Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know where I can get a driver install package that will work with knoppix? This soundcard is the built in card that comes with the PowerEdge 400sc .
Thanks for your help,
Michael
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't know anything about your sound card but it is possible to convert an .rpm to a .deb.
alien --to-deb name.of.pkg.rpm
dpkg -i new.pkg.deb
-
Junior Member
registered user
Tried that, still no sound.....

Originally Posted by
mzilikazi
I don't know anything about your sound card but it is possible to convert an .rpm to a .deb.
alien --to-deb name.of.pkg.rpm
dpkg -i new.pkg.deb
Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By thummer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
-
By vip3r in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
-
By CKLM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By Jetrider_Omega in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 05:01 AM
-
By chad5118 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99