You might have a buggy Nero, look here for a patch:
http://www.nero.com/us/631998579711357.html
Also you could try setting the overburning feature, it's somewhere in the options, sorry but can't remember where.
I would like to try out Knoppix. I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso last night and am trying to burn it using Nero 5.5.10.50 on WinXP SP1.
Nero Medium-Info reports CD-R has 703 MB capacity. When I select in Nero "Burn Image", the info page shows the "size of track" is 700 MB. Looks like it should fit just fine.
However, when I start the burn process, Nero exits with an error "there is not enough space to burn this compilation onto this medium."
Any ideas? I have tried various combinations of available settings... finalize, disk-at-once/track-at-once, buffer underrun protection ... all with the same results.
Thanks!
You might have a buggy Nero, look here for a patch:
http://www.nero.com/us/631998579711357.html
Also you could try setting the overburning feature, it's somewhere in the options, sorry but can't remember where.
Thanks Markus! The image is now burning.
Overburning is set in File | Preferences; Expert tab. I enabled the default of 82 minutes.
::crosses fingers::
This post is brought to you from a new knoppix desktop.
Too bad evolution is not included, I thought i saw it in the app list. Oh well, OWA works pretty well too. LOL
Currently running a nessus session, looking for ways to map to the Windows shares and check out office documents... I'm on my way!!
Thanks

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX
$42.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY
$550.00
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50