You might have a buggy Nero, look here for a patch:
http://www.nero.com/us/631998579711357.html
Also you could try setting the overburning feature, it's somewhere in the options, sorry but can't remember where.
I would like to try out Knoppix. I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso last night and am trying to burn it using Nero 5.5.10.50 on WinXP SP1.
Nero Medium-Info reports CD-R has 703 MB capacity. When I select in Nero "Burn Image", the info page shows the "size of track" is 700 MB. Looks like it should fit just fine.
However, when I start the burn process, Nero exits with an error "there is not enough space to burn this compilation onto this medium."
Any ideas? I have tried various combinations of available settings... finalize, disk-at-once/track-at-once, buffer underrun protection ... all with the same results.
Thanks!
You might have a buggy Nero, look here for a patch:
http://www.nero.com/us/631998579711357.html
Also you could try setting the overburning feature, it's somewhere in the options, sorry but can't remember where.
Thanks Markus! The image is now burning.
Overburning is set in File | Preferences; Expert tab. I enabled the default of 82 minutes.
::crosses fingers::
This post is brought to you from a new knoppix desktop.
Too bad evolution is not included, I thought i saw it in the app list. Oh well, OWA works pretty well too. LOL
Currently running a nessus session, looking for ways to map to the Windows shares and check out office documents... I'm on my way!!
Thanks

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
LaCie Rugged SSD 1TB Portable SSD USB3.1 Gen2 IP67 Waterproof
$475.00
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$438.45
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99
NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99