You might have a buggy Nero, look here for a patch:
http://www.nero.com/us/631998579711357.html
Also you could try setting the overburning feature, it's somewhere in the options, sorry but can't remember where.
I would like to try out Knoppix. I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso last night and am trying to burn it using Nero 5.5.10.50 on WinXP SP1.
Nero Medium-Info reports CD-R has 703 MB capacity. When I select in Nero "Burn Image", the info page shows the "size of track" is 700 MB. Looks like it should fit just fine.
However, when I start the burn process, Nero exits with an error "there is not enough space to burn this compilation onto this medium."
Any ideas? I have tried various combinations of available settings... finalize, disk-at-once/track-at-once, buffer underrun protection ... all with the same results.
Thanks!
You might have a buggy Nero, look here for a patch:
http://www.nero.com/us/631998579711357.html
Also you could try setting the overburning feature, it's somewhere in the options, sorry but can't remember where.
Thanks Markus! The image is now burning.
Overburning is set in File | Preferences; Expert tab. I enabled the default of 82 minutes.
::crosses fingers::
This post is brought to you from a new knoppix desktop.
Too bad evolution is not included, I thought i saw it in the app list. Oh well, OWA works pretty well too. LOL
Currently running a nessus session, looking for ways to map to the Windows shares and check out office documents... I'm on my way!!
Thanks

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
New Dell PowerEdge Server R360 Xeon E-2488 3.2G 16GB RAM 4X800GB SSD 6x600GB SAS
$3890.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00