Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Software application KNOPPIX

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3

    Software application KNOPPIX

    Hi can anyone tell me what software application I would need to use to Install a driver I downloaded for my Sagem 800 modem.
    I got a Linux driver update and though I have Suse 9.0 personal installed on my machine I cannot get YAST to intall it for some crazy reason and as usaul with Linux there is no error message so I don't know where to look and have given up trying all the change this button and see if it will work.
    I bought a Knoppix cd which I heard would recognize all my hardware without any problem which it did but I don't know what application like YAST in Suse that I can use to install the driver. The driver is saved as file extension .tgz which is linux in case ye were wondering.
    Is their a guaranteed modem I could use to get connected, I heard that you can get hardware modems or serial port modems some where??
    Cheers

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: Software application KNOPPIX

    Quote Originally Posted by redbiro
    Hi can anyone tell me what software application I would need to use to Install a driver I downloaded for my Sagem 800 modem.
    I got a Linux driver update and though I have Suse 9.0 personal installed on my machine I cannot get YAST to intall it for some crazy reason and as usaul with Linux there is no error message
    HUH???? Surely you jest.

    so I don't know where to look and have given up trying all the change this button and see if it will work.
    I bought a Knoppix cd which I heard would recognize all my hardware without any problem which it did but I don't know what application like YAST in Suse that I can use to install the driver.
    You can't install anything to Knoppix- it's a read-only file system.

    The driver is saved as file extension .tgz which is linux in case ye were wondering.
    Thanks for the tip- I had no idea.

    Is their a guaranteed modem I could use to get connected, I heard that you can get hardware modems or serial port modems some where??
    Cheers
    A serial modem is your best bet since it is a real modem and not some POS winmodem that needs software to do all of the work for it.

    http://linmodems.org/

Similar Threads

  1. Macromedia Dreamweaver like application for Knoppix?
    By dr_rude in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 06:37 PM
  2. Software application KNOPPIX
    By redbiro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 12:38 AM
  3. knoppix 3.1 / kde / email application?
    By homer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 04:06 AM
  4. include an application in my custom Knoppix Linux
    By mybootdisks_com in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 03:15 PM
  5. Tips for making a Live php application CD with Knoppix?
    By garubi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 08:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99