-
Customizing to make HDDs Readonly at boot with HDPARM
I'm beating my head against the wall...how can I make knoppix lock down the HDD with HDPARM as its booting to the desktop? I figure it must be doen somewhere through an init script????
Thanks in advance to any who can help?
-
Re: Customizing to make HDDs Readonly at boot with HDPARM

Originally Posted by
stardactyl
I'm beating my head against the wall...how can I make knoppix lock down the HDD with HDPARM as its booting to the desktop? I figure it must be doen somewhere through an init script????
/etc/fstab, look in the options field and add "ro". Other options are listed in `man mount`. hdparm is for performance settings, mainly. If you need partitions mounted RW whilst booting then locked to RO, make a script that executes:
# mount -o remount,ro /wherever
Similar Threads
-
By ThomasX in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 03:09 PM
-
By kevo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:52 AM
-
By jojo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 03:17 PM
-
By xiao in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 04:46 AM
-
By Phredd in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HPE Edgeline e920 Server Blade
$350.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99