Anyone else experience problems running half life on knoppix? For some reason, I just can't seem to use my knoppix box as a server for a lan game....
Anyone else experience problems running half life on knoppix? For some reason, I just can't seem to use my knoppix box as a server for a lan game....
Whoooaaa! Slow down there Mister, too many details to follow at once....
Sorry. Just kidding.
How about some details. What exactly are you running? If it is running, what is not happening that you think should happen?
Ok, here's what I have running: Dell PowerEdge 400sc server running knopix (hd install) 2 win xp pro client boxes. I can host a lan game on either win box, but I can't do it on the knoppix box.. So.... 6 hours later, tried re-installing halflife on the knoppix box and found out that i couldn't interface with the win boxes because i was running an outdated version of halflife. Sounds easy enough to fix right? Wrong. I can't find an updater that will run on knoppix.Originally Posted by mightydavefish

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$81.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99