Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: LCD pixel specs

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32

    LCD pixel specs

    Hi everyone, I have a not exactly Knoppix related hardware question.

    I was just poking around in the KDE COntrol Center (I've done a HD install) and noticed the options for sub-pixel anti-aliased font hinting. I have an LCD monitor (an NEC MultiSync LCD1760V, to be specific) and I've been trying to figure out exactly what sub-pixel RGB layout it uses. Neither the manual nor the NEC product website seem to have any info.

    Is there a database somewhere where I can look this info up, or do I have to try each configuration? I suppose there aren't that many, but the KDE Control Center says that the effects only apply to newlt started apps.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32

    figured out an easy solution

    Just thought I'd tell anyone who's had the same problem the quick and easy solution I found.

    I used GIMP to create a small image with a black background (about 50x50). I made a vertical strip one pixel thick. Red on top, then green, then blue, and red again at the bottom. This allowed me to look at each color next to the other. Sure enough, I could see right away that the red pixels were left of both green and blue, and green was left of blue. A horizontal stripe showed no shifting between colors. In addition, a close look at a zoomed view showed some "banding" in the vertical direction for all color, indicating that multiple sub-pixels of one color touch when stacked vertically but not horizontally.

Similar Threads

  1. Screen/pixel checker
    By Icke in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 08:45 AM
  2. noob question: Minimum laptop specs for knoppix, how-to, etc
    By Will von Wizzlepig in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 11:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD picture

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD

$48.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)

$61.56



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95