Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to switch off monitor autodetection in V3.3-2004-02-16 ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2

    How to switch off monitor autodetection in V3.3-2004-02-16 ?

    First of all - I'm a total newbie. Installed it yesterday on HDD. Happy.

    Well?
    My monitor gets detected very wrong and switches off when trying to boot into the GUI (KDE, or howsitcalled).
    Marvin EX7SE
    30KHz - 70KHz Horizontal
    50Hz - 120Hz Vertical
    640x480 upto 1280x1024

    My monitor gets detected as a "generic" one, the HR and VR Knoppix detects are totally bogus. I need to have 1024x768@85Hz just like in windows, but all I can get is 75Hz. When I input the correct values in XFree and set my monitor to 1024x768@85Hz it switches off (over range) after reboot. Thank God I know the ctrl-alt-+ combination. So what do I need to do? I know the cheatcodes but which one is for switching off monitor autodetection? Please help me someone!
    [edit] My monitor's detected (very wrong) values: HR: 28-96KHz, VR: 50-75Hz. HELP!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NORTH EAST ENGLAND
    Posts
    38
    I have the same problem. My Compaq MV520 monitor gets diven into
    over range. I just use the Knoppix screen=800x600 to get over this.

    However does not solve your problem. Sure someone will have an
    answer though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    confused. You said it blank if you set it to 85Mhz but you still want it ? Why not just set it in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to the right value ? I believe the autodetect would not change whatever is there. Otherwise, just disable the autodetect script(/etc/init.d) altogether as I don't see a point of doing this again and again on a HD install.

Similar Threads

  1. Hardware Autodetection
    By RJDavison in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 01:19 PM
  2. start autodetection
    By jon car in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 01:30 AM
  3. Localization and monitor problems on V3.3-2004-02-16
    By AnotherOne in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 09:21 PM
  4. Autodetection when booting
    By mikekgr in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:20 PM
  5. Problemas al Instalar monitor , Installing Monitor
    By comanam in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95 picture

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95

$119.99



GIGABYTE X99-UD4 Motherboard Combo Xeon 2687Wv3 16GB 256SSD W10P GTX Titan Black picture

GIGABYTE X99-UD4 Motherboard Combo Xeon 2687Wv3 16GB 256SSD W10P GTX Titan Black

$229.00



HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95 picture

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95

$89.99