-
Where is /boot/map file !?!?!?
Hi ! I have Knoppix 3.3, and boot the CD perfect.
Now, I want to put it on the Hard disk.
Fine : I run knx-hdinstall
All goes smooth, (swap is on HDA6 and root is on HDA5) until ..
I do NOT want to overwrite my MBR, so I answer "Install LILO into MBR" with a "no". No floppy neither, as there is none on my machine.
Obviously, in this way I can not boot into Knoppix without the CD ...
Is there a way to tell Knoppix to write the boot record on HDA5, so my Boot Magic (under Windows 2000) could reach it and boot Knoppix ?
I guess I have to run LILO ...
I have in lilo.conf "boot=/dev/hda5"
I try to run LILO, but /etc/lilo.conf contains "map=/boot/map" and this file does no exist ...
??? Why /boot/map" does not exist ???
Thankx ! Sebastian.
Similar Threads
-
By cli168 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:57 AM
-
By rodragon in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:55 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 05:55 AM
-
By papasi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 11:03 PM
-
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69