-
Where is /boot/map file !?!?!?
Hi ! I have Knoppix 3.3, and boot the CD perfect.
Now, I want to put it on the Hard disk.
Fine : I run knx-hdinstall
All goes smooth, (swap is on HDA6 and root is on HDA5) until ..
I do NOT want to overwrite my MBR, so I answer "Install LILO into MBR" with a "no". No floppy neither, as there is none on my machine.
Obviously, in this way I can not boot into Knoppix without the CD ...
Is there a way to tell Knoppix to write the boot record on HDA5, so my Boot Magic (under Windows 2000) could reach it and boot Knoppix ?
I guess I have to run LILO ...
I have in lilo.conf "boot=/dev/hda5"
I try to run LILO, but /etc/lilo.conf contains "map=/boot/map" and this file does no exist ...
??? Why /boot/map" does not exist ???
Thankx ! Sebastian.
Similar Threads
-
By cli168 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:57 AM
-
By rodragon in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:55 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 05:55 AM
-
By papasi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 11:03 PM
-
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 SDRAM DIMM 288-Pin Desktop RAM 2 Modules
$30.00