-
"Undefined mode" error
Installed Knoppix from CD - everything seems to have gone just as advertised. My hat's off to all who have worked on this project.
My hardware is an HP Pavilion, Model XL759, with 512MB RAM, 40G hard drive and M70 monitor. Hard drive is divided into: hda1 - 15G – Win ME; hda2 - 5G – Knoppix; hda3 – 5G - ext3 – empty for now; hda4 - 15G+ - raw.
My problem lies with the boot-up sequence. Booting off CD, or HD, I get the following message “You passed an undefined mode number”, then has me enter something about screen columns and rows. It doesn't seem to matter what I enter at the “boot” prompt, I get the same message.
Display seems to work fine. How do I get rid of this blip – it is getting annoying! If I just let things run default, everything work as it should. I just don't want to waist the time going through this “undefined mode number” routine every time I boot in?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try typing in then enter knoppix vga=normal at the opening screen cheat codes you may want to check out you can use more than one one the line at the same time eg. knoppix vga=normal screen=800x600 in this case would use the 800x600 for the screen size in addition to not using the framebuffer.
Similar Threads
-
By OP4Latino in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 03:32 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 04:42 AM
-
By violinist in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 06:14 PM
-
By logiker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00