-
"Undefined mode" error
Installed Knoppix from CD - everything seems to have gone just as advertised. My hat's off to all who have worked on this project.
My hardware is an HP Pavilion, Model XL759, with 512MB RAM, 40G hard drive and M70 monitor. Hard drive is divided into: hda1 - 15G – Win ME; hda2 - 5G – Knoppix; hda3 – 5G - ext3 – empty for now; hda4 - 15G+ - raw.
My problem lies with the boot-up sequence. Booting off CD, or HD, I get the following message “You passed an undefined mode number”, then has me enter something about screen columns and rows. It doesn't seem to matter what I enter at the “boot” prompt, I get the same message.
Display seems to work fine. How do I get rid of this blip – it is getting annoying! If I just let things run default, everything work as it should. I just don't want to waist the time going through this “undefined mode number” routine every time I boot in?
Similar Threads
-
By OP4Latino in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 03:32 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 04:42 AM
-
By violinist in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 06:14 PM
-
By logiker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams
$95.99

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$550.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99