Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Like to format w2k disc

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1

    Like to format w2k disc

    My harddisc that contained w2k system(NTFS) is damaged somehow and will not cooperate with Windows programs at any way. I event can't install new w2k with installation discs because get blue screen with NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM error. I get Knoppix 3.3 and that works! With Knoppix that I could save my important files from harddisc and see all the w2k files.

    Now I like to get harddisc to work to install w2k again. I have not managed to format that harddrive with QTparted program. For some reason Knoppix won't change the read/write mode of that hard disc partition. What should I make to format harddisc?

    ---
    Juha

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    press alt-f2 two in KDE and type "sudo qtparted"

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Like to format w2k disc

    Quote Originally Posted by juham
    My harddisc that contained w2k system(NTFS) is damaged somehow and will not cooperate with Windows programs at any way. I event can't install new w2k with installation discs because get blue screen with NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM error. I get Knoppix 3.3 and that works! With Knoppix that I could save my important files from harddisc and see all the w2k files.

    Now I like to get harddisc to work to install w2k again. I have not managed to format that harddrive with QTparted program. For some reason Knoppix won't change the read/write mode of that hard disc partition. What should I make to format harddisc?

    ---
    Juha
    If you have removed everything from your hdd I would strongly suggest zeroing the entire disc before partitioning and formatting. This is easy to do. Boot Knoppix, open a terminal and enter:

    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda

    Of course make sure you really want to zero the drive before you start.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    90
    try sudo cfdisk

    is more stable than qtparted

Similar Threads

  1. Burning a backup disc using K3b
    By SweetGuenivere in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
  2. How can I install software onto disc?
    By pluto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 07:47 PM
  3. is there a boot disc?
    By airkyd in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 05:10 PM
  4. A Knoppix secondary disc?
    By Matrox462 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
  5. DVD toram(For 2gb DISC Klaus sez 3GB req"d in ram)
    By lilsirecho in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW picture

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW

$30.89



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR

$206.00



Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11

Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11" 128GB - Wi-Fi - Gray - Brand new

$235.59



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem

$152.99



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



SAMSUNG CD-RW DRIVE MODEL SW-224 AMAZING CONDITION+ORIGINAL BOX    NEVER USED picture

SAMSUNG CD-RW DRIVE MODEL SW-224 AMAZING CONDITION+ORIGINAL BOX NEVER USED

$30.00



Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US

$51.77



For Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE 10.9” SM-X510 SM-X516 LCD Display Screen Digitizer picture

For Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE 10.9” SM-X510 SM-X516 LCD Display Screen Digitizer

$47.00