-
CD problem after hdd inst: no medium found
Hi!
When I use Knoppix from CD, all run OK...
But after che hdd installation, I can't mount the CD.
I insert the CD in the CDRom, and try to use the mount
command (from root user); I've this error message:
no medium found.
Can anyone tell me what appen?
Thanks, and excuse for my poor english.
Manuel
PS: During the starting operation, when Knoppix begin, it see
correctly all CD that I've on my PC (a writer and a reader)...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you looked in the /etc/fstab (in console vi /etc/fstab) to see if there is an entry for the cdrom, I have two in my system and during install it did not create an entry for the second one. If there is no entry you will have to add the line /dev/hdd /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0 if you have more than one cdrom change the /cdrom to /cdrom1 and mkdir cdrom1 in /. You will have to re-boot and then you should be able mount the cdrom (mount /dev/hdd /cdrom(1) ).
-
Thx!
I will try tonight!... 
What's the "medium"?
-
Senior Member
registered user
The medium would be the cdrom disc that it can not find due the drive not being mounted.
Similar Threads
-
By Alias in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By mustang in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:18 AM
-
By locutus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By oggi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-19-2003, 11:30 AM
-
By pedrobz in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99