-
Senior Member
registered user
Saving apt cache pkgs for a fresh install
I am on dialup and was wondering if I could save some of the larger debs in my apt cache for a fresh reinstall so I don't have to download them again. Maybe stupid question
but it can be excruiating to redownload an open office & dependencies for instance, with a dialup. So was wondering if I could pop the bigger ones back in there and run apt-get update on the new install and it would know what I have in there and not go fetching them again when I want to install them. I have already saved what I have downloaded or unpacked to usr src.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Of course you can. Please have a look at man apt-get. A snip:
--no-download
Disables downloading of packages. This is best used with
--ignore-missing to force APT to use only the .debs it has
already downloaded. Configuration Item: APT::Get:
ownload.
Also you can simply do dpkg -i <pkg>.deb
Similar Threads
-
By dtz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 05:25 PM
-
By albob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
-
By mr__ed in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 07:37 AM
-
By mmw1231 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By steingra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

USED Silver White Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" Kids Edition 32GB TABLET - SM-T290
$39.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2133 PC4-2133P ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin 15-102217-01
$239.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77