-
Senior Member
registered user
Saving apt cache pkgs for a fresh install
I am on dialup and was wondering if I could save some of the larger debs in my apt cache for a fresh reinstall so I don't have to download them again. Maybe stupid question
but it can be excruiating to redownload an open office & dependencies for instance, with a dialup. So was wondering if I could pop the bigger ones back in there and run apt-get update on the new install and it would know what I have in there and not go fetching them again when I want to install them. I have already saved what I have downloaded or unpacked to usr src.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Of course you can. Please have a look at man apt-get. A snip:
--no-download
Disables downloading of packages. This is best used with
--ignore-missing to force APT to use only the .debs it has
already downloaded. Configuration Item: APT::Get:
ownload.
Also you can simply do dpkg -i <pkg>.deb
Similar Threads
-
By dtz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 05:25 PM
-
By albob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
-
By mr__ed in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 07:37 AM
-
By mmw1231 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By steingra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard
$38.99

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Vacuum/Air Duster Super Power Mini Car Vacuum Cleaner 4-in-1 air Blower Gun
$64.35

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

17V Charger for VacLife VL726 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
$14.54

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99