Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Getting Scanner to work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4

    Getting Scanner to work

    I am a beginner. I want my Epson Perfection 636U scanner to work. I have researched and I find that it IS supported. I give the command cat /proc/bus/usb/devices and I see that it is recognized and identified. Now what do I do next?

    Under Multimedia I found something to click on and it did something for awhile, but no screen came up.

    OCTOGENarian

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Try

    xscanimage

    from the command line (with your scanner turned on, of course!)

    Let us know what error messages you get (if any).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4
    After I run the xscanimage cmd. at the cmd. line, I get an error msg. which starts out: "No scanners were identified . . ." and continues.

    This is strange cause cat /proc/bus/usb/devices does identify it.

    Clicking on xscanimage as a menu item under Multimedia still does nothing.

    In a "competing" product called Pclinuxos, when I click on xscanimage it DOES work. So I am not up against a wall here; I can use the scanner, but I would prefer to use it with Knoppix.

    Thanks for the help and I await further suggestions.

Similar Threads

  1. How do I make a HP scanjet 2300c scanner work.
    By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:26 PM
  2. Help getting scanner to work.
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 12:49 AM
  3. usb scanner
    By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 07:02 PM
  4. IBM Scanner
    By Cronos55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 05:37 AM
  5. Scanner
    By mwalam in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 05:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit

$44.99



Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super picture

Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super

$148.66



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold

$44.99



Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is) picture

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)

$350.00



Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe picture

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe

$449.99



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00