-
Senior Member
registered user
You can remove/replace just about anything you want using apt-get. I have installed Knoppix on several machines and I usually remove knoppix-graphics and knoppix-sounds. I stick to standard KDE graphics. I also replace the cursor (pointer) graphics using one downloaded from www.kde-look.org. You can also edit the file: /etc/motd It is the "message of the day" that says something like "Welcome to Knoppix 2.4.24" I usually change it to read "Welcome to Linux".
I also usually change sysvinit to the standard one as well. You have to be careful with that one becasue some key packages depend on it. I have written how I did it here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...light=sysvinit
The other packages can be removed/replaced if you want, but it doesn't hurt anything. Some are very useful, like the "netcardconfig" script which is not a part of regular Debian.
Similar Threads
-
By silvershadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By fannymites in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:20 PM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
-
By konfused in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$480.63

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99

Apple Macbook Pro 16" i9-9880h 64GB 1TB - Good
$489.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00
$150.99