Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Qt 3.0.2 install

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Qt 3.0.2 install

    How do I install Qt 3.0.2 so I can install Guarddog? I tried searching the Debian packages site but whatever I apt-get install doesn't work

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Qt 3.0.2 install

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wflake
    How do I install Qt 3.0.2 so I can install Guarddog? I tried searching the Debian packages site but whatever I apt-get install doesn't work
    Can we see the output of apt-get -s install guarddog?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Damn dog!

    Rebooting probably fixed the problem because Guarddog works now. It works too well because I can't connect to anything! I've tried Guarddog before with same result, then I tried Firestarter with positive results.
    What am I doing wrong in Guarddog?
    I'm connected to the Internet via. a switch and my IP is given by my ISP by DHCP.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Damn dog!

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wflake
    Rebooting probably fixed the problem because Guarddog works now. It works too well because I can't connect to anything! I've tried Guarddog before with same result, then I tried Firestarter with positive results.
    What am I doing wrong in Guarddog?
    I'm connected to the Internet via. a switch and my IP is given by my ISP by DHCP.
    In the manual page near the bottom I see an option in the Advanced tab to allow DHCP on an interface. So have you went to that option and selected it?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    DHCP is enabled

    DHCP is enabled. Do I have to type in what ports I wish to use?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: DHCP is enabled

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wflake
    DHCP is enabled. Do I have to type in what ports I wish to use?
    Well thats a good question and one I really do not know the answer too. If it does need you to open or forward the port I believe it is 67 or 68 that you need, I would try forwarding the port to the localhost first instead of opening it to everyone. And to be certain here it is the allow DHCP on interface not the allow server port that you have selected right? Now that I look at the screen shots again I see that it requires you to allow protocols from the internet to the local zone in the Protocol tab so you may want to check to see if the setting is in there somewhere.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Guarddog sucks

    Guarddog sucks in the mom+pop way. I have no desire to (VERY) manually configure my firewall.
    I'll go back to Firestarter (http://firestarter.sourceforge.net). In that application all I have to do is block port 67 and 68 to get a perfect TruStealth score on http://grc.com.
    I have no idea as to why people think Guarddog rules.
    Firestarter is incidentally a native Gnome apllication. Maybe I should test Gnoppix

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.66