-
Hard Drive Install Experience
Well I followed the hard drive install, and it went for the most part as expected, (Libranet being my only other debian install experience).
What I found unusual, is after the initial boot to kde and the language conversion, I then needed to run ppp0econf to connect my adsl modem, this I found could only be done as root, my sound only worked as root, and my printer only configured as root, but no provision was made to log me in as regular user, only a knoppix user. Nothing of course worked as a knoppix user, and my windows partition was not set up or recognized on install, not even grub picked it up.
Now I am familiar with setting this all up, it's just that I was not prepared to spend so much time doing things that should have been looked after on install. Or at the very least given the opportunity to configure during the install process. The install is the weakest link.
To make a long storey short, it feels and drives nice, but needs far too much manual adjustment for basic things after install.
It works much better as it's intended use, a demo disc. I had no trouble configuring anything.
Nice job so far I'll keep an eye for updates.
Similar Threads
-
By AndersonSS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
-
By brianfay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 12:42 PM
-
By atko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By steingra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:04 PM
-
By Gregwithoneg in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$195.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00