-
[newbie] "apt-get remove CRUD" howto?
Hi,
I just did the hdinstall, and was hoping to be able to select exactly what I want to install.
Unfortunately not. Is there any way I can use apt-get to obtain a list of packages and uninstall some of them?? How (I dont know apt-get too well) and
root@mybox:/# apt-get remove
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
root@mybox:/#
Thanks
Anders
-
if you're running KDE, there's a program called "Kpackage" that lets you install/uninstall/upgrade packages with a GUI interface. I believe it's located in K-Menu under "System" or "Settings".
As you'll soon find out, though, file dependancies are a bitch. Its one of the things I really miss about Windows: "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel.
Otherwise, if you're a command line junky you can use dselect which is a menu driven interface for dpkg.
Finally, if you're a purist, you can get a list of all the packages installed using the following command:
-
Thanks
Thank you,
"dpkg -l" is just what I was looking for....
actually I also discovered some of the smaller distributions, here on www.knoppix.net
I might try those if I loose my patience uninstalling
See ya
Anders
Similar Threads
-
By larrycow in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 05:52 PM
-
By pau in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:42 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-20-2002, 08:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99