Hi,
I did a Hdd install of Knoppix 3.3-2004-02-16-EN. After booting up I opened up a root console and ran apt-get update (not enough diskspace for apt-get upgrade) and then apt-get install -t unstable gnome-desktop environment (couldn't get stable or testing to install without getting errors). After the download and install completed I rebooted. Upon trying to log in, it would send me back to the same screen, whether I was trying to log into a gnome-session or kde3. I can, however, log into a gnome-session under root (didn't try kde3). Does anybody have any idea of what went wrong?
-Sean

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lof ot 2 SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 2Rx8 SODIMM RAM HMA82GS6CJR8N-VK
$334.99
Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS
$1450.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
LOT OF 2 ~ 32GB Samsung M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q DDR4 RDIMM ECC Server Memory
$319.00