Quote Originally Posted by Hero_in_blue
Could you post more details, what to do for getting Knoppix running with the bttv card?
Probably U have the solution for my problem.... My system hangs with the Twinhan DVB Card ( bttv chip).... My solution on this time: remove the card from system. Was this your Problem too?
Hi,

The problem for knoppix is that it won't probe module with parameters. I think your system was not hang , but just waiting the bttv module to getting loads in the system.(It takes 20 mins to boot up in my system) The usual solution is to load i2c-algo-bit module with option "bit_test=1 ". However , it must be added through the cheat code... the hardware autodetection engine can not help.

btw , may I know what is the modal no/name of your DVB card? I think it need to maintain a list of bttv hardware especially for taiwan's product.