Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: n00b questions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8

    n00b questions

    hey, I finally installed knoppix last night... I was hooked once I used the 'live-cd'. The install went just fine. however, my boot loader ended up hiding the files on my win98 drive, and deleting the boot files on my xp drive. I'm sure I can fix that tho. The one and only issue I am having is when I try to install kde themes. Every time I try to run the 'install.sh' file, I get this error:

    sh-2.05b# sh style-install.sh
    QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    Luna Style for KDE installed.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;o)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8
    anybody know why I get that error while trying to install styles? somebody has to know?,.... anybody?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by kidclueless
    anybody know why I get that error while trying to install styles? somebody has to know?,.... anybody?
    It just looks like a warning not an error is says at the bottom of the output that it was installed. So have you tried to use it? If it did not work then were you running KDE when you tried to install by running the script in a console window after using su to become root? If not then try it that way.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8
    well... it sorta worked.. the taskbar background changed, and so did the progress bars... but not the windows,.. and there isnt a 'start' button on the task bar even tho the theme was supposed to put one... it looks ok tho .. i suppose.. i'll figure it out sooner or later.

Similar Threads

  1. A few n00b questions
    By harken in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 11:20 PM
  2. Super N00b
    By The Conman in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 07:30 PM
  3. USB not recognized (n00b)
    By garbageman14 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:08 AM
  4. Im a n00b i need help plz!!
    By blackout in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 08:07 AM
  5. Knoppix n00b, got a few questions......
    By ZeRo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 10:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad

$355.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD

$27.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-4590 3.3 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop Processor CPU SR1QJ picture

Intel Core i5-4590 3.3 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop Processor CPU SR1QJ

$10.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0 picture

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0

$38.00



ASRock b560 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i5-11600K CPU Combo Gaming + 32 GB DDR4 picture

ASRock b560 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i5-11600K CPU Combo Gaming + 32 GB DDR4

$300.00