-
Junior Member
registered user
Staying logged in?
Is there I way I can stay permanently logged in to these forums so I don't have to log in every time I visit?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Staying logged in?

Originally Posted by
patik
Is there I way I can stay permanently logged in to these forums so I don't have to log in every time I visit?
In whichever browser you are using check to make sure you are not blocking cookies from knoppix.net and that you are at least getting prompted on accepting a cookie also. Now when you login you should check the remember login or whatever it is called I can't recall the exact name now and the next time you visit it should login you in automatically with the cookie that was set.
-
Junior Member
registered user
There is no "remember login" checkbox, and I blindly accept all cookies...
Firefox in Windows, btw.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
patik
There is no "remember login" checkbox, and I blindly accept all cookies...
Firefox in Windows, btw.
The remember login is permantly checked so don't have to worry about that.
I think moz/firefox has some option like :
"Treat all cookies as session cookies". If thats checked then even though knoppix.net sets a cookie for ages firefox will delete it when the browser window closes.
Also make sure you are visiting www.knoppix.net not knoppix.net
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
eadz
That was the problem. Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Patik,
I got nabbed by that one too, don't feel so bad...
I had a login here for at least a month, then had to do a reinstall, when I got back with Mozilla here, it kept forgetting me... Didn't realize you need the www. part, dummy me, huh???
Eadz, also, helped me out on this one too, kept my sanity, thats for sure [giggle]
Glad you got it working,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By glidetothehoop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 02:44 PM
-
By urpk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 03:18 PM
-
By turbines in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-27-2004, 01:56 AM
-
By ledatica in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 01:06 PM
-
By Raj in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-16-2003, 12:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95