Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Staying logged in?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13

    Staying logged in?

    Is there I way I can stay permanently logged in to these forums so I don't have to log in every time I visit?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Staying logged in?

    Quote Originally Posted by patik
    Is there I way I can stay permanently logged in to these forums so I don't have to log in every time I visit?
    In whichever browser you are using check to make sure you are not blocking cookies from knoppix.net and that you are at least getting prompted on accepting a cookie also. Now when you login you should check the remember login or whatever it is called I can't recall the exact name now and the next time you visit it should login you in automatically with the cookie that was set.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13
    There is no "remember login" checkbox, and I blindly accept all cookies...
    Firefox in Windows, btw.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by patik
    There is no "remember login" checkbox, and I blindly accept all cookies...
    Firefox in Windows, btw.
    The remember login is permantly checked so don't have to worry about that.

    I think moz/firefox has some option like :
    "Treat all cookies as session cookies". If thats checked then even though knoppix.net sets a cookie for ages firefox will delete it when the browser window closes.

    Also make sure you are visiting www.knoppix.net not knoppix.net

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    Also make sure you are visiting www.knoppix.net not knoppix.net
    That was the problem. Thanks

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Patik,

    I got nabbed by that one too, don't feel so bad...

    I had a login here for at least a month, then had to do a reinstall, when I got back with Mozilla here, it kept forgetting me... Didn't realize you need the www. part, dummy me, huh???

    Eadz, also, helped me out on this one too, kept my sanity, thats for sure [giggle]

    Glad you got it working,
    Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. Volume Settings not staying after reboot
    By glidetothehoop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 02:44 PM
  2. File Saving when logged as normal user ...
    By urpk in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 03:18 PM
  3. Trouble with xawtv configuration when logged in as user
    By turbines in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 01:56 AM
  4. Keyboard issue when logged as user and not root
    By ledatica in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 01:06 PM
  5. Browsers open nothing when not logged in as root
    By Raj in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2003, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99