Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: stuck

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5

    stuck

    just got my cd from edmunds-boots into knoppix screen-then lots of text-then at bottom of text it says - kernel panic: no init found. try passing init= option to kernel. I go back to initial screen by rebooting press f2 and type it in and get [could not find kernel image] I have absolutely no idea what I am doing and am real excited to try linux- HELP!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    What happens if you use "testcd" command at the boot screen?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5

    less stuck

    helo- well I tried to install acouple of more times before I saw your post - each time I tried I got further along into the installation till I finally got all the way there. So now I''m getting to experience Knoppix- my next problem is how to get connected to the internet through my 56k dialup . Suggestions? thank you

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: less stuck

    Quote Originally Posted by pat reen
    helo- well I tried to install acouple of more times before I saw your post - each time I tried I got further along into the installation till I finally got all the way there. So now I''m getting to experience Knoppix- my next problem is how to get connected to the internet through my 56k dialup . Suggestions? thank you
    What modem do you have? If it is a hardware modem, try setting it up with kppp. Unfortunately most modems are software based (so called "Winmodems"). You won't be able to get it to work if you are running from the cd. If you have Knoppix installed, there is a chance you can get it to work. You can visit the following pages and see if your modem is supported.

    http://www.linmodems.org/
    http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5

    modem

    thanks for the info- I was hoping knoppix could "see through" my windows 2000 os and get on the net that way- I thought I read someplace where someone double booted with windows and mandrake and was able to get online from mandrake through windows but that would be too good to be true-oh welll- again-thanks

Similar Threads

  1. need help download done now stuck
    By buckeye in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 12:09 AM
  2. programs stuck when autocompleting(tab) in gui
    By monkeyking in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 11:58 AM
  3. Stuck on boot
    By tekie in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 06:57 PM
  4. Help! When boot from HD, gets stuck before GUI comes on
    By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 10:14 AM
  5. synaptic seems stuck
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


160 GB MICRON (5X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y DDR4 SERVER MEMORY MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 picture

160 GB MICRON (5X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y DDR4 SERVER MEMORY MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2

$1150.00



Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s picture

Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s

$1199.99



RAMAXEL 16GB DDR4 2RX8 LAPTOP MEMORY - BLUE picture

RAMAXEL 16GB DDR4 2RX8 LAPTOP MEMORY - BLUE

$121.66



MICRON 8GB PC4-21300 DDR4-2666MHZ MEMORY - GREEN picture

MICRON 8GB PC4-21300 DDR4-2666MHZ MEMORY - GREEN

$48.52



Lot of 32 Samsung 32GB 4Rx4 PC3L-12800L ECC RAM CN M386B4G70DM0-YK04 1736 picture

Lot of 32 Samsung 32GB 4Rx4 PC3L-12800L ECC RAM CN M386B4G70DM0-YK04 1736

$1000.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack picture

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack

$175.90



MICRON PC4-2666 4GB DDR4 SODIMM MEMORY - GREEN picture

MICRON PC4-2666 4GB DDR4 SODIMM MEMORY - GREEN

$38.15



RDIMM MICRON  DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks  5600 RAM picture

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM

$449.00