Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: stuck

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5

    stuck

    just got my cd from edmunds-boots into knoppix screen-then lots of text-then at bottom of text it says - kernel panic: no init found. try passing init= option to kernel. I go back to initial screen by rebooting press f2 and type it in and get [could not find kernel image] I have absolutely no idea what I am doing and am real excited to try linux- HELP!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    What happens if you use "testcd" command at the boot screen?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5

    less stuck

    helo- well I tried to install acouple of more times before I saw your post - each time I tried I got further along into the installation till I finally got all the way there. So now I''m getting to experience Knoppix- my next problem is how to get connected to the internet through my 56k dialup . Suggestions? thank you

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: less stuck

    Quote Originally Posted by pat reen
    helo- well I tried to install acouple of more times before I saw your post - each time I tried I got further along into the installation till I finally got all the way there. So now I''m getting to experience Knoppix- my next problem is how to get connected to the internet through my 56k dialup . Suggestions? thank you
    What modem do you have? If it is a hardware modem, try setting it up with kppp. Unfortunately most modems are software based (so called "Winmodems"). You won't be able to get it to work if you are running from the cd. If you have Knoppix installed, there is a chance you can get it to work. You can visit the following pages and see if your modem is supported.

    http://www.linmodems.org/
    http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5

    modem

    thanks for the info- I was hoping knoppix could "see through" my windows 2000 os and get on the net that way- I thought I read someplace where someone double booted with windows and mandrake and was able to get online from mandrake through windows but that would be too good to be true-oh welll- again-thanks

Similar Threads

  1. need help download done now stuck
    By buckeye in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 12:09 AM
  2. programs stuck when autocompleting(tab) in gui
    By monkeyking in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 11:58 AM
  3. Stuck on boot
    By tekie in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 06:57 PM
  4. Help! When boot from HD, gets stuck before GUI comes on
    By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 10:14 AM
  5. synaptic seems stuck
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX  HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN   3200AA    16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory picture

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory

$105.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered RDIMM PC4-2133P 2Rx4 – M393A2G40DB0/EB1 picture

4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered RDIMM PC4-2133P 2Rx4 – M393A2G40DB0/EB1

$379.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00