-
Incorrect Root Password
After installing Knoppix 3.3 to my hard drive it accepts the "knoppix" user name and the password I created but when I try to make changes that require the root password I get an incorrect password error even though I am using the root password I created during the setup. How do I correct this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
boot into single user mode, remount your / partition rw and give the comand passwd root, now type new password for root and reboot.
first thing (booting into single) you accomplish by typing knoppix single at the boot: line
t remount your partition do as below (replace X and Y with corect diskletter and number):
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /dev/hdXY /
the passwrd is just as above, at a prompt type passwd root then give new rootpass twice and reboot.[/b]
-
This problem was caused by using symbols like $ *&/ in the initial passwords created. and differences between the English and German keyboards .
See this thread.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/posting...e=reply&t=9824
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
-
By oganika in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
-
By SurfThaNet in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 03:54 PM
-
By CyberShadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By blaxe in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00