-
Setting up new passwords after HD install
I followed the instructions below in the article for newbies but when I click on the root shell icon I am asked for a password. If I use the password created during install all I get is an "incorrect password" error. What am I missing? Inprevious installations I have been able to get to that screen without any problems.
]"Click on 'K' at the lower left hand corner of your screen, scroll to KNOPPIX and then click on the 'root shell' icon. This will open a back screen with a strange looking prompt 'root@ttyp1[knoppix]#'. Just type in the command 'passwd', you will be prompted to 'Enter new UNIX password:' and 'Retype new UNIX password:'. Enter whatever password you have chosen for the administrator and that's it. For the 'knoppix' user, just do the same thing but type in 'passwd knoppix'. You can then close the window by either typing 'exit' or clicking on the 'x' icon on the upper right corner of the window."
[/i]
Similar Threads
-
By Troyes in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:59 PM
-
By Sajjad Khaliq in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:52 AM
-
By devilotx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 06:25 PM
-
By Neo-Rio in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 08:05 AM
-
By Tovi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00