Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: CD problem!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9

    CD problem!

    I have a problem booting with my Knoppix 3.3 English CD I made.

    What I did:

    1. Got the ISO off of linuxiso.org. Checked the MD5sums. It's good.
    2. Went to Roxio's Easy CD Creator, went to make new Bootable CD, and used the ISO file and set it to no emulation.
    3. It showed me two files:

    BOOTCAT.BIN
    BOOTIMG.BIN

    4. I burned it, using a CD-RW, writing at 4x.
    5. Rebooted my Windows XP computer with the disc in the DVD/CD-RW combo drive, and tried to boot it. It hangs infinitely with a blinking cursor.

    What do I do? It does the same thing with a Debian boot disc as well. I tried booting with my Windows XP boot disk and it does fine, but this doesn't! I searched for answers in the forum but found none to suit my criteria.

    Thanks..

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    66
    You burnt it as a CD Bootable, you need to burn it as a CD Image file. I don't have Roxio (personally can't stand the interface with all of the limited options, so I use Ahead Nero), but you need to open/burn the image file, then you can burn it properly.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  2. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99