Assuming you've done a Debian install, try using kuser to create another user. Kmenu > System > Kuser.
I'm a newbie. I did a knoppix hd install. I could login into the kde only using root. I created another username and if i login through that, the screen goes blank, i think the xserver crashes. same thing happens if i try to login with the user id knoppix.
I have an ext3 file system.
Another problem is when i do apt-get -f update i get the following error.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unpacking libx11-6 (from .../libx11-6_4.3.0-7_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libx11-6_4.3.0-7_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib/common/ximcp.so.2', which is also in package xlibs
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Unpacking x-dev (from .../archives/x-dev_4.3.0-7_all.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/x-dev_4.3.0-7_all.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/include/X11/DECkeysym.h', which is also in package xlibs-dev
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Unpacking libx11-dev (from .../libx11-dev_4.3.0-7_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libx11-dev_4.3.0-7_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/include/X11/XKBlib.h', which is also in package xlibs-dev
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Unpacking libxcursor-dev (from .../libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-5_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-5_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xcursor/Xcursor.h', which is also in package xlibs-dev
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libx11-6_4.3.0-7_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/x-dev_4.3.0-7_all.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/libx11-dev_4.3.0-7_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-5_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it would be of great help if somebody could help me fix this up because I certainly wouldn't want to login as root each time.
Assuming you've done a Debian install, try using kuser to create another user. Kmenu > System > Kuser.

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$8599.00
32GB Kit 4x8GB Wintec DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM VLP Server RAM
$80.00
SK hynix 72GB (9x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4 2666V-SA2-11 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$250.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY
$600.00
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory
$199.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99