Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 Mini CD question.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5

    Knoppix 3.3 Mini CD question.

    Hi to all. I wanted to try some Linux-like OS, and I choose Knoppix. Becouse I do not have a time to download full CD image, I downloaded Mini CD image (250MB) from ftp://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/linux/knoppix/...cd/kix_0.9.iso. I burn that image onto CD and I boot my comp from that CD. After couple of sec, Knoppix starts. As I read, I typed startx -e blackbox and GUI started. But GUI interface language is in German, not in English! How can I change GUI interface language to English? I think that theres no English version of Knoppix Mini CD. Am I right?

    Thanx to everybody!

    Mladen Perisic
    from Serbia and Montenegro

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Australia - Cairns
    Posts
    2
    WOW you have been waiting for a while for a reply.

    Any here is a link to an english version of the minicd it is about 198MB

    Hope it helps. I havnt tried it yet but am downloading right now.

    http://ftp.es.debian.org/pub/miniKnoppix/

    Have Fun.

Similar Threads

  1. Another mini-cd knoppix :-)
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 07:04 PM
  2. Knoppix on top of Mandrake Mini
    By bi11i in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:29 PM
  3. help for mini KNOPPIX
    By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 08:53 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 to mini cd (again)
    By muczy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 04:37 PM
  5. Running mini Knoppix entirely in ram
    By veuf in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11

$284.99



LENOVO THINKPAD P15S GEN 2i  CORE I7-1185G7 2.8GHZ 32GB 512GB NVIDIA T500 W11 picture

LENOVO THINKPAD P15S GEN 2i CORE I7-1185G7 2.8GHZ 32GB 512GB NVIDIA T500 W11

$300.00



LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i  CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD picture

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD

$235.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$284.99