Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 Mini CD question.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5

    Knoppix 3.3 Mini CD question.

    Hi to all. I wanted to try some Linux-like OS, and I choose Knoppix. Becouse I do not have a time to download full CD image, I downloaded Mini CD image (250MB) from ftp://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/linux/knoppix/...cd/kix_0.9.iso. I burn that image onto CD and I boot my comp from that CD. After couple of sec, Knoppix starts. As I read, I typed startx -e blackbox and GUI started. But GUI interface language is in German, not in English! How can I change GUI interface language to English? I think that theres no English version of Knoppix Mini CD. Am I right?

    Thanx to everybody!

    Mladen Perisic
    from Serbia and Montenegro

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Australia - Cairns
    Posts
    2
    WOW you have been waiting for a while for a reply.

    Any here is a link to an english version of the minicd it is about 198MB

    Hope it helps. I havnt tried it yet but am downloading right now.

    http://ftp.es.debian.org/pub/miniKnoppix/

    Have Fun.

Similar Threads

  1. Another mini-cd knoppix :-)
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 07:04 PM
  2. Knoppix on top of Mandrake Mini
    By bi11i in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:29 PM
  3. help for mini KNOPPIX
    By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 08:53 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 to mini cd (again)
    By muczy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 04:37 PM
  5. Running mini Knoppix entirely in ram
    By veuf in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11 picture

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11

$699.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$374.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99