-
Junior Member
registered user
Persistent Home: Where's all my space?
I'm sure this is a silly question, but I've looked around a bit and I don't see the answer, so I decided to post a fresh question.
I installed 3.3 on a machine that only had 64Megs of RAM, but had a hard drive, so I made 256megs of swap space and a 650Meg persistent home directory. This is the first time I've used the persistent home script and I'm a bit confused about where the space is located.
Using the "du" command, I only see a few tens of megs in my Desktop or /knoppix directories. It looks like all they're seeing is the ramdisk space.
The persistent space I made was supposed to be 650Megs, but after downloading a few source packages and saving by running the save config script, the knoppix.img file that I see on the drive is still only about 200Megs.
And, when I try to download additional files into folders off the desktop it says there's no more space. So, where did it go?
Similar Threads
-
By harryhood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 04:48 PM
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By dargaud in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By jeremy2300 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By Knewbie in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 02-06-2003, 07:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99