my quest for a kvm: I have just seen one that incorporated the mouse and keyboard signals into the vga cable/socket on the switch itself. At the computer end there are seperate plugs for each, but only one cable that runs to the switch.
This may be a factor in my not being able to get them to work with my computers as I am not using the monitor cables: my lcd has a dvi input and a vga input. I have cables from both computers (one XP and one Mepis) connected to my lcd; I use the menu on the lcd to switch.
So all I really need is a switch that switches just the mouse and the keyboard.
BTW all the kvm switches that I have seen have only vga sockets, I suppose that dvi are available at a price.
If anyone can give me any information I would appreciate it
Thanks

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT
$225.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
Intel Xeon E-2388G 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU Processor LGA 1151 SRKMZ
$799.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00