What boot loader are you using?
I have installed Knoppix MIB (based on Knoppix 3.2) on my hard disk.
after I boot and the program starts the following warning appears:
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
what causes this error and how can I fix it?
What boot loader are you using?
I used a dual boot loader (booting).
I've reinstalled knoppix all over and used GRUB.
Now it boots ok but the image is unstable, comes and goes avery like 2 seconds.
I get the debian login screen and KDE desktop, everything seems to be working except for this problem with the screen going black.
I guess the video card is not properly configurated, and I like to know how can I fix it.
Im also getting the kernel panic thing.
In my case i am doing a poor mans install i.e. i ripped the knoppix
folder off the CD and put it in my D: drive.
I can get it to work by using mkfloppy on the disk and creating a boot
disk. But i want to use the loadlin cheat to be able to boot from DOS.
Loadlin didnt work and i got kernel panic......
Also i want to use STD but i cannot create a boot disk for that...
the FAQ says to type loadlin.exe vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 lang=en ro
i tried hda1 and hda2 no luck....
Ahahahah I found the cure... there is something wrong in the how to...
1.5 Run Microsoft Windows 98 or 95, copy Knoppix to HD & boot with loadlin
Open ISO with [WinImage] Extract extract the directory ISO:\KNOPPIX\ to C:\ (The C:\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX file should be 700MB)
Open the C:\KNOPPIX\boot.img with WinImage and extract vmlinuz and miniroot.img to C:\KNOPPIX\Loadlin (you will need to create this directory)
Download loadling 1.6c or later to C:\KNOPPIX}\Loadlin\ (remmember to extract it)
now reboot to DOS, you can do this by pressing F8 while rebooting the computer.
Change directory to the loadlin dir: "CD KNOPPIX\loadlin"
Execute loadlin "loadlin.exe vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 lang=en ro"
the last line is wrong it should be
loadlin.exe vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 initrd=miniroot.gz lang=en ro
booted up first time![]()

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99