Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: USB mouse doesn't work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3

    USB mouse doesn't work

    I have a MS IntelliMouse Explorer that Knoppix won't recognize. I boot the live CD, and the mouse is not active. I tried booting with "knoppix noapic" but that didn't work.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    You can try with nousb as well as noapic, or do what I did, get a USB->PS/2 adapter.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3
    But won't nousb disable all USB compatibility then?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    AFAIK it just skips the autodetection for usb, doesn't hurt to try.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    try

    sudo /etc/init.d/hotplug restart

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3
    I got some weird errors when I tried that.. I hit Ctrl+Alt+F2 to get into a console, and typed sudo /etc/init.d/hotplug restart. Got some strange errors and a mount error. If you tell me how I can get this text over to Windows, I'll post it here.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bathurst, Australia
    Posts
    1

    Optical Mouse Blue USB (Microsoft Blue Mouse)

    The Microsoft Blue USB mouse doesn't work in Knoppix 3.3 as supplied by Australian Personal Computer magazine with the May 2004 issue. If I use the USB-PS/2 adapter there is no problem. The mouse is detected with other "live" CDs on this system - is it a bug where no USB devices are detected by Knoppix? I have a Gigabyte GA-7VA motherboard and a USB graphics tablet (Medion MD9570) is not detected either. These are on different USB2.0 connectors.

Similar Threads

  1. Help with getting my mouse to work
    By wicked_evil36 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 05:07 AM
  2. PS/2 mouse does not work
    By ceklock in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 01:26 AM
  3. My Mouse Doesn't Work at all........
    By TecLvR23 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 07:05 PM
  4. My USB Mouse won't work
    By LinuxGozer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 07:46 PM
  5. how to make my Mouse Systems mouse work with knoppix?
    By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01