Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: hdinstall to different partitions with xfs-filesystem

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46

    hdinstall to different partitions with xfs-filesystem

    I just tried to to a HDinstall of knoppix3.4 Cebit edition.
    But it seems the knoppix-installer script doesn't support xfs-filesystem.
    I think this is very strange as knoppix normaly always comes with kernel with xfs-patch ( no need for that patch if you cannot install to a
    partition that is already formatted as xfs)
    I have a partition /home adn /MP3 that are formatted xfs and with data
    on it that I don't wanna loose, and I don't want to run to different filesystems.
    Does anybody know how I can do a HDinstall on partitions that are already formatted XFS ?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46
    so do you mean I should install kanotix instead pof knoppix?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by jackren
    so do you mean I should install kanotix instead pof knoppix?
    Well........ yes and no. Actually I wasn't suggesting that although I do feel that it makes a much better hdd installation that Knoppix does. What I was pointing you to were the directions for using the installer to install Linux to multiplepartitions. It is the same installer for Kanotix as is in Knoppix therefor the .knofig file is the same. Just edit that file. If you have any problems just post back or maybe you can find me on #kanotix or #xfce

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46
    I did change the .knofig file and specified the filetype for root as xfs,
    but when running the knoppix-installer script afterwards, it complained about
    unrecognised filetype: xfs

Similar Threads

  1. other filesystem für knoppix?
    By claudiameierde in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 12:03 PM
  2. after knoppix hdinstall fat32 partitions not available
    By johnnylipps in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 03:18 AM
  3. Cannot find filesystem
    By timjg in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 12:53 AM
  4. Where do I have to put files that need rw filesystem?
    By Hans_Mono in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 06:27 PM
  5. Remounting filesystem
    By WANDr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total picture

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total

$120.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00