-
Junior Member
registered user
saving config to hard drive and boot disk problem
I have moved my Knoppix folder to my C drive (Fat32) and I have made a boot floppy. I set up Knoppix the way I like it, background, printer, icons...etc and then I saved my configuration to my /dev/hda1 drive. I added the following text just after APPEND below DEFAULT vmlinzu to syslinux.cfg:
myconfig=scan home=scan
I rebooted and it worked but I forgot to set some things up so I made the changes and then tried to save my config to /dev/hda1 but I got an error that it could not do so. I rebooted again and now I was back to the default settings. I tried making all my changes again and then saving, now I get the window that makes it look like it is saving but it just stays at 0% and the disappears. I try rebooting, default settings again. I also tried deleting the knoppix.sh and configs.tbz from windows and tried again...no luck...what gives? I even tried using the cheat codes at the boot screen and that did not work. I also tried adding myconfig=/dev/hda1 to the
Also if I change the setting on read/write so I can write to hda1 why can't I delete knoppix.sh and configs.tbz in Knoppix, are they being used? What would be the best way to delete them in Knoppix?
Do I need to create a persistent home?
This has happened to me with 3.2 and 3.3 I would appreciate any assistance given.
Similar Threads
-
By satimis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 12:34 PM
-
By Jseegs in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 09:24 PM
-
By Leslie Simon in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By bruceg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:51 PM
-
By duffy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00

Intel Xeon w5-2455X 12-Core 24-Thread LGA4677 Workstation CPU SRM9G
$699.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00