-
Senior Member
registered user
Not sure about your reasons/resolves on the saving configs on the drive, I think, even if you are user "knoppix" the save functions use root to write and read, so permissions shouldn't be the issue... hmmmmmmm...
I think the reason why you can't delete the files in Knoppix, is permissions though - the user knoppix is not root, and permissions for those files, I think, are root owner and root group, with read access only for group Other - which is what the user knoppix is - other.
What I would try...
Run a shell console, do a su, mount the hda1 device, go to the mount point for the device, locate the knoppix and configs files, and do a rm of them, as root. If that fails, I'm clueless.
When I first started out, I did the knoppix and configs, and after a few weeks, started doing the persistant home thing - I never had problems with any of these three things having write, or read, problems - I did find out that if you let Windows (any version) run defrag on the drive, my persistant home, and swap, (files) got all messed up, and Knoppix would report during booting, they were corrupt - so heed that warning. But, never, other than defrag problems, had problems using the save config, save knoppix, persistant home, or persistant swap setup. ( I did all of these with Knoppix v3.2 -=- I then hard drive installed v3.3 - so I am not sure of those "save" features in that version )
Hope this helps, Eradicator,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By satimis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 12:34 PM
-
By Jseegs in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 09:24 PM
-
By Leslie Simon in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By bruceg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:51 PM
-
By duffy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Nutanix Supermicro NXS2U2NL12G600 2x Node with Motherboards, Backplanes, & More
$450.00

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

DELL POWEREDGE FC640 Server FHH8V W/×2 Intel Xeon Gold 6142,0KHKN5. *READ⬇*
$130.00

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

ASUS Blade Server LAN Web Remote Management KVM Module Chip IPMI 2.0 ASMB9-iKVM
$49.99