-
Senior Member
registered user
Just so you know, we all started the same way you did. I'm only been in linux since mid-Jan, and I've been scouring the web, newsgroups, forums, mailing lists, manpages, etc.... and what have you. Does this mean I'm not a newbie? I don't think so. I still have much to learn as the next linux user so claiming that I'm not a newbie would be a serious injustice. Some folks might take to linux like a duck to water, especially if they haven't used windows or any other oses, but the majority of those coming over from windows have a rougher time going since we have to unlearn the microsoft way first and learn the linux way. I was just like you, I didn't know what the linux terms were and what to do about it, except to come here and ask questions. I don't ask many questions, because I like to figure it out before I have to ask. If you have to ask a question for a problem you're unable to solve, just post in the appropriate forum here and someone will answer your question, if they know the answer. Now, if you're having a problem making use of your home partition, did you type at boot the following command? And before you can use it, did you make the persistant home image file? On your taskbar (kicker), it's the Knoppix icon > configuration > create persitant home.
Similar Threads
-
By Xenayoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 06:58 PM
-
By stokesg in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 11:44 AM
-
By Pater in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 06:25 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 02:31 AM
-
By monkymind in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 04:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00