I just tried to to a HDinstall of knoppix3.4 Cebit edition.
But it seems the knoppix-installer script doesn't support xfs-filesystem.
I think this is very strange as knoppix normaly always comes with kernel with xfs-patch ( no need for that patch if you cannot install to a
partition that is already formatted as xfs)
I have a partition /home adn /MP3 that are formatted xfs and with data
on it that I don't wanna loose, and I don't want to run to different filesystems.
Does anybody know how I can do a HDinstall on partitions that are already formatted XFS ?
so do you mean I should install kanotix instead pof knoppix?
Well........ yes and no. Actually I wasn't suggesting that although I do feel that it makes a much better hdd installation that Knoppix does. What I was pointing you to were the directions for using the installer to install Linux to multiplepartitions. It is the same installer for Kanotix as is in Knoppix therefor the .knofig file is the same. Just edit that file. If you have any problems just post back or maybe you can find me on #kanotix or #xfceOriginally Posted by jackren
I did change the .knofig file and specified the filetype for root as xfs,
but when running the knoppix-installer script afterwards, it complained about
unrecognised filetype: xfs

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$89.95
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99