-
Question marks in console apps such as VI and nano
I just installed Knopix to HD and set the language to GB (UK english) in KDE. I found that whanever I use a console either in KDE or remotely via SSH all the menu options in nano or messages in VI appear as question marks i.e. "??????". Any text I type appears normal.
I have tried dpkg-reconfigure locales and setting the default language to english UK but no change in symptoms, even after reboot.
What's going on?
Similar Threads
-
By Dr._Who in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 08:35 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 06:21 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By prodmaster in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2003, 12:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89