Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: LCD is Fuzzy/resolution hosed

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2

    LCD is Fuzzy/resolution hosed

    I installed knoppix today (my first Linux system EVER!) after playing with the liveCD. Gotta say I was really impressed how it detected all my hardware and runs them properly, everything that is except my LCD screen.

    I have a Wal*Mart special, a 15" KDS monitor, max res 1024x768. I'm also using a GeForce FX5200 128MB AGP card for video. My screen is fuzzy in random places. I've tried to change the resolution and refresh rate of the monitor in the KDE control center, but upon reboot, my screen is shifted to the left about 1/4 of an inch and it's still fuzzy as heck. The settings aren't being saved either. It's like if I touch the monitor or video settings, regardless of what they are, my screen is hosed. I can't change the resolution nor can I change the refresh rate. Well, I can, but when it reboots it all goes to heck and I have to completely reinstall knoppix from the liveCD. But after the reinstall, it goes right back to the way it was before, a correct screen resolution, but it's fuzzy. At least the screen is centered.

    Also, it says in the control menu that my video card is nv. I suppose this is a generic setting for my card, but I'm afraid to even install any 3D games like Quake 3 or Enemy Territory, which I'm dying to try out in Linux for the first time.

    I do appologize if this isn't the first time someone has posted this sort of problem, I did a search on the boards for "LCD" and read through all of them, but none really seemed to touch on my problem.

    If you happen to read this and have "gaim" my name is Aclockworkric. Please feel free to PM me on gaim if you might have a solution, but also remember this is my first time with linux, so please be gentle.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2
    Ok, when I'm not in xwindows the screen isn't funny, so I've narrowed it down to the problem is contained when I'm in xWindows. So would this be a KDE issue?

Similar Threads

  1. hosed hd with mbr...how do I install an mbr on good drive
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:03 PM
  2. The 3.4/2004-05-17 Buglist is hosed
    By j.drake in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 02:58 AM
  3. system hosed?
    By hardware_bum in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 05:11 AM
  4. The wiki is hosed
    By mzilikazi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 04:51 AM
  5. Network now hosed on HDD partition
    By dsleeb in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 11:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth picture

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth

$39.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone picture

UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone

$55.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Cisco CP-7841-K9  4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW

$89.99



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H picture

Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H

$29.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99