Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: no wireless from saved config

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1

    no wireless from saved config

    I've set up wireless to work for me (compaq pcmcia card) and all works well. I saved the config to a usb memory stick and then rebooted to test it out. Knoppix seems to find the wireless card fine, but then doesn't set it up, and then when I try to set it up manually, the wireless setup complains that there is no wireless card.

    If I go back to booting using not using the saved config, I can manually configure the wireless and all works fine, but I would rather not have to reconfig each time I boot.

    Anyone seen this or got ideas as to where to look for more info on the problem?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7

    Sont Notebook with D-LINK Wireless card

    I am ruuning Knoppix and like to know how I can make my notebook to recognize and setup my wireless connection and access the internet using the bootable Knoppix?? Please advice.

    Thanks
    Alex

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    name of your card and output from the command
    Code:
    dmesg|grep eth
    will help us help you.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7
    It is D-link AIrplus DWL-650+. THe area where I am confused is that where do I install any driver if any where I boot the Knoppix from a CD that contains an ISO??

Similar Threads

  1. user desktop config not saved
    By Jesse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2004, 10:54 PM
  2. K3.4 Config file not saved properly
    By zippix in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 11:36 PM
  3. Live CD w/ PH & saved config - BOOT SHORTCUT
    By j.drake in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 12:42 PM
  4. dlink dwl-520 wireless config help please
    By imipolex in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 05:07 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08